Part-time (3 days per week), Fixed term 3 year contract
As the Head of Sport Development and High Performance, you will be responsible for the strategic improvement of our co-curricular sports program, sports leadership and administration and the development of student performance and development/participation.
You will apply your professional expertise to develop, implement and maintain a strategic plan for Sports Performance and Development that aligns with the School’s mission for Sport and Physical Activity: developing the potential within each student (Reception to Year 12) through engagement in sport and physical activity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct ongoing reviews of both the overall sports department program including roles, structures and processes as well as individual programs
- Maintain and review the Sports program strategic plan to achieve high performance in sport, with feedback from and buy-in by key stakeholders
- Foster and promote parallel and complementary cultures of participation and excellence in sport across the School community
- Plan and manage the communications required for a successful sports program, including web pages and internal and external publicity
- Lead and manage the Co-Curricular Sports leadership team
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of sporting opportunities and achievements at the School and assist the Development Office with enrolments of talented student-athletes to the School
- Monitor student performance and participation levels through direct observation and data analysis
- Oversee and mentor coaches within agreed guidelines
You will be a highly respected, dynamic and credentialied sports professional, passionate about lifelong engagement in sport and/or physical activity. You will have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record of improving sports outcomes.