At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) features a 780m2 gym, 50m heated outdoor pool (open year round), a 20m indoor warm water pool, multiple group fitness program rooms, child care facilities and a café. The centre underwent a $27million redevelopment in 2013. HALC is one of YMCA's flagship facilities.
The Centre is in a unique position to support the City of Boroondara in helping as many people as possible to be healthy - physically, mentally and socially through delivering a broad range of programs, services and initiatives.
Key Elements of the Role
The Centre Manager will manage the financial outcomes and have a strong financial base for decision making.
The Centre Manager will have a values-based management style that is aligned with the YMCA values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility and the BLAF key leadership behaviours, Inspire, Inclusive, Courageous and Discipline.
The Centre Manager will be a considered decision maker and will be able to manage a multitude of tasks utilising good time management and organisational skills. The Centre Manager will be able to work both independently and as part of the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities team.
Capabilities and Behaviors
- A strong understanding of the BLAF leadership behaviours and a desire to work within these behaviours and towards the BLAF Vision
- Strong in managing the financial outcomes of a business
- Customer centric approach
- Passionate about and experienced in leading and coaching teams
- Approachable and personable
- Realistic and considered with decision making
- Diligent and consistent in approach
- Strong time management and organisation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in leading and developing large management teams
- Understanding of the Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Community Recreation experience - desirable.
- Facility Operations experience (desirable)
- Working With Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Level 2 First Aid
- Pool Lifeguard
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Satisfactory Criminal History Records Check
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information