AUSTRALIAN OPEN FESTIVAL- SITE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The Site Operations team are responsible for all temporary infrastructure required to stage the Australian Open Festival. Combining skills including: Event construction, OH&S, Warehousing, Logistics, Project Management, & Quality. The team are responsible for the process right through from inception to completion.
- Working as a part of the Site Operations team, providing administrative support and assistance with the Australian Open site operation. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for various supplier work packages consisting of; planning, coordination, delivery, installation, maintenance and removal of temporary infrastructure for the event.
- Act as a liaison between the Site Office and contractors and clients.
- Attend planning meetings, track and maintain action list register by stakeholder.
- Monitor and track area spend, variances. Identifying budget risks and costs saving opportunities.
- Supervise contracts, preparation of RFQ’s, create purchase orders, review invoices, and reconcile accounts.
- Create, update and communicate build schedule to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare, communicate and manage site procedures, work activity and traffic management plans.
- Supervise event build schedules ensuing areas, facilities and services are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Provide assistance and advice on regulatory compliance with relevant building code and standards and the submission of relevant permits.
- Complete administrative tasks with word processing, data input, produce reports & maintain the filing systems within the site office.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
- Familiar with the National Construction Code and ABCB Temporary Structures Standard.
- Demonstrated experience in managing delivery of event related projects.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Excellent computer literacy with experience in the use of databases, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook & Project
- Demonstrate a high level of administrative skills with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Melbourne Park and Birrarung Marr is an asset.
- Document control and filing processes.
For a copy of the position descriptions, please click here.
Applications Close - SUNDAY 28 OCTOBER 2018
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity and understand how it assists in attracting, recruiting and retaining our talented tennis family. Tennis encourages all people to apply for this role.