Are you an extraordinary Marketing & Communications Manager? Are you looking for a change in your career? Want to have real impact and help build a world- class sports organisation?
If the answer is yes, then we want to meet you!
WHO ARE WE?
At Netball Queensland we like to be bold and do things a little differently, we have an ambitious vision of becoming a world class sports organisation, respected at transforming lives through netball.
In this era of women’s sport, Netball Queensland must push the limits and lift expectations, we therefore, need extraordinary people to take our sport into uncharted territory.
We are super proud of our history-making Queensland Firebirds team, we are determined to continue to be the number 1 sport for women and girls in Queensland and we couldn’t be more excited about our new $45million state-of-the-art Queensland State Netball Centre (aka the Brisbane Arena). The next few years are game changing for us and we need the right team in place to make the most of these opportunities.
Reporting to the GM – Marketing & Events, the Manager - Marketing & Communication will build and lead a high performing team to deliver effective marketing and communications strategies across traditional and digital mediums for netball in Queensland, the Queensland Firebirds and the new Brisbane Arena.
You will be focused on developing and directing the communications team in alignment with the Marketing & Events strategic plan to create a positive and engaging customer experience across netball participation, sports entertainment and venue.
Your opportunity is to bring our brand and values to life; to challenge and be challenged, to learn, grow and achieve as part of our team.
WHO ARE YOU?
Someone extraordinary in your own unique way!
You’re a marketing and media card-carrying devotee. You thrive on dreaming up, creating and executing big plans to get the job done. You are a born problem solver, embrace change and are mischievous in the pursuit of brilliance. You have exceptional brand, marketing, retail and communication skills with the ability to identify customer needs and deliver an experience to build tribal fans and loyal members. You are relentless in pursuit of great ideas and disruptive strategy. Most importantly you have energy, passion and love what you do.
YOUR EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
To be the perfect fit for this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications, industry specific to marketing and communications, journalism and/or media fields;
- Minimum five years’ experience in similar marketing and communication roles;
- Extensive experience in strategic marketing and communications with a strong background in media and digital;
- Proven abilities in developing and leading a team - driving a positive culture of success;
- Comprehensive knowledge of current best practice and trends within the marketing, digital and communications arenas.
- Share Netball Queensland’s values of collaborative, professional, accountable, respectful and innovative;
- Strong adaptability in a continuously changing work environment;
- Hold a current ‘Working with Children’ Blue Card or the ability to obtain one;
- Ability to work outside normal working hours as required;
- Interest in sport if highly preferable.
The key areas of responsibility for the Marketing & Communications Manager include, but are not limited to:
Marketing, Media and Communications
- Drive the media arm of the business; including identifying angles for news stories, media activations and crisis management strategies in order to maximise positive media coverage;
- Advocate a customer-centric view and develop and execute marketing and communications strategies and plans that build brand engagement, create positive customer and fan experiences and deliver a commercial return for Netball Queensland;
- Lead the implementation of digital marketing programs and activities and lead the development of digital marketing assets – content, campaigns, websites and social media to support Netball Queensland strategic objectives;
- Champion the use of the internal CRM system and capitalise on the 360-degree view of customers to build customer journeys and strategic marketing and communications tactics that lead to improved outcomes for stakeholders, customers and netball overall;
- Undertake brand engagement and customer analysis to identify value add opportunities, inform marketing and communications channels, tools and content strategies to engage, inform and grow an actively supportive netball community.
- Work closely with the General Manager – Marketing & Events in the promotion and delivery of netball and sport entertainment experiences;
- Engage in strategic, high-impact project initiatives and role model agile ways of working to deliver on the strategic plan objectives within budget;
- Provide leadership, coaching and expertise to direct reports and member organisations;
- Represent NQ in the broader external community in line with NQ’s values and engage in national conversations regarding marketing and media initiatives.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A fun, high energy and busy working environment;
- Brands that you can truly be passionate about;
- A brand-new world-class office space at Brisbane Arena (opening early 2019);
- A fully equipped high performance gym available for use by staff;
- An ongoing commitment to learning and development; and
- An opportunity to be a trail-blazer in sport, in particular, female sport.