- Position No: E54001
- Salary: $105,947 per annum
- Permanent, Full-time (38 hours per week, 19 day month)
Applications Close: Monday 29 October 2018 at noon
Contact: Felicity Leahy 8470 8606
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 12 November 2018
An exciting opportunity exists to join Darebin City Council in this significant leadership position.
We are seeking a dynamic leader with significant recreation and leisure experience to lead a team of dedicated professionals to provide vision, service excellence and an evidence based approach to maximizing community engagement with sports and physical activity.
This position will:
- Manage and lead the Recreation and Leisure Services team, facilitating a high performance outcome orientated team that delivers on strategic and service objectives.
- Oversee and facilitate maximising community access to and participation in sports, leisure and physical activity with a focus on access, equity and inclusion.
- Ensure the delivery and maximised operation of major recreation and leisure facilities within the City of Darebin.
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic and service objectives of the City of Darebin.
This position is a critical leadership role, responsible for leading and managing the Recreation and Leisure Team. With excellent strategic leadership skills and experience in the recreation and leisure industry, the successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in managing teams and ensuring the successful development and delivery of strategic plans and projects.
This role will ensure the ongoing success of the Recreation and Leisure team to deliver major infrastructure projects, programs and strategic planning to meet needs of a diverse and rapidly growing local government.
We are seeking a leader with excellent communication skills, with a track record in being able to deliver significant and complex recreation and leisure projects as well as managing and leading teams to be able to excel and meet the expectations, values and vision of the organisation.
The successful applicant will have a tertiary qualification in Recreation and Leisure (or related discipline) and significant relevant experience in a relevant specialised field. Lesser formal qualifications together with extensive and diverse experience, or intensive specialist experience will also be considered.
Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.