The role is responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the business and working closely with the SVNSW Board, Affiliates, SVNSW team and Volleyball Australia towards the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives.
The main focus of the role is financial management of the organisation, governance, promotion, relationship management of our stakeholders and effective staff management of our small, dedicated SVNSW team to successfully deliver our growing portfolio of competitions, participation and development programs, and State Team programs.
The General Manager will be a dynamic and inspiring leader with strong communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with Board Directors, Subcommittee members, SVNSW Staff and other key stakeholders. He/she will be an exceptional and experienced sports administrator who can demonstrate the ability to manage and grow like-sized organisations and improve their operational effectiveness.
The successful candidate will report directly to the SVNSW Board of Directors and manage all SVNSW Staff and volunteers. A major component of the role will be liaising effectively with Directors of the SVNSW Board, Associations and Clubs, Subcommittee members, Schools across all sectors, Volleyball Australia, other State Executives and other key stakeholders.
KEY ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- FINANCE Prepare, present and monitor an annual budget for all SVNSW activities. Provide monthly financial reporting to the Board of SVNSW. Maintain (and increase where possible) government and other external funding through submissions for grants, sponsorships and applications for new opportunities. Fulfill any financial obligations to Volleyball Australia as directed by the Board. Control the daily financial management of the organisation.
- HUMAN RESOURCES Develop strong working relationships with SVNSW Staff, Board members, subcommittee members, affiliates and key stakeholders. Provide leadership, supervision, guidance and assistance to other staff members including, where appropriate, conducting reviews and appraisals and providing staff with their individual development plans. Coordinate and oversee the staff to manage their individual responsibilities in consideration of the overall operation of the organisation. Ensure accurate and true records of employment are kept for all employees. Ensure all relevant government safety checks are completed where appropriate for members and representative officials under the NSW Working with Children legislation.
- OPERATIONS Oversee the delivery of the daily business of SVNSW with the support of the SVNSW Staff. Effectively identify and monitor the risk management processes of the organisation including but not limited to insurance and member protection policies. Oversee the creation of an annual calendar that includes all key stakeholder and affiliate activities including school competitions, State Cups, Schools Cups, State Volleyball League (SVL), Australian Volleyball League (AVL), National Juniors, Beach volleyball events and any club or other programs.
- REPRESENTATION Attend Volleyball Australia Stakeholder meetings, workshops and AGMs as directed by the SVNSW Board. Liaise with Volleyball Australia on nationally coordinated strategies to develop the sport including sponsorship, promotion and competition. Attend any required meeting with government departments, funding partners and sponsors. Ensure there is a visible SVNSW presence where appropriate at school, club, regional, state and national events and meetings.
- REPORTING Ensure regular and appropriate reporting to the SVNSW Board of Directors in both written and oral form on all aspects of operations. Oversee the maintenance of accurate and detailed records of all member registrations and Affiliate organisations. Ensure post competition and program reports are submitted by the SVNSW staff, that an appropriate review has been undertaken and recommendations for improvements are implemented to deliver improved outcomes across the organisation.
- STRATEGIC PLANING Engage all key stakeholders in updating the Strategic Plan. Adhere to and provide direction for the Operational Plan.
- GOVERANCE Ensure that appropriate policies and processes are in place and adhered to and that they are reviewed appropriately to ensure effective governance. Work towards the achievement of Key Performance Indicators set by the Board to further grow volleyball in NSW. Oversee the maintenance of the ‘digital’ face of SVNSW through the website and social media platforms.
- GENERAL ROLES Adhere to, and promote, the policies and procedures of SVNSW and Volleyball Australia. Be a contributing and positive member of the State Office team.
New South Wales will be the significant contributor to the growth of volleyball nationally.
To lead, partner and support our community as they grow their participation and improve overall performance state-wide
State Volleyball NSW (SVNSW) is a State Sporting Organisation undergoing exciting growth in programming and competitions across NSW. Based at Sydney Olympic Park, we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic General Manager to lead and implement the strategic objectives of SVNSW and oversee the operations of the organisation.