- Award-winning company
- Excellent location
- Complimentary gym access
Have you always wanted to be part of something special?
Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre (PARC) has an exciting opportunity to help shape Health and Fitness in Frankston. PARC is managed by Peninsula Leisure, a company focussed on activating and engaging communities dedicated to delivering sport, recreation and leisure products and services.
We are seeking video applications from individuals who are passionate about delivering personal training in a gym environment as well as outdoor group training to PARC members.
As a personal trainer at PARC your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide comprehensive personal training sessions that promote results based training through goal setting, education and consistency
- Developing and foster a club culture amongst members and guests and promote other fitness and recreation activities within the centre
- Achieving session averages as set by Assistant Health & Fitness Manager
- Ensuring participants feel welcome, advising new participants of group session procedures
- Delivering sessions that are fun, encouraging and maintain high attendance levels
- Educating participants with safe exercise techniques and constantly monitor safety
- Monitoring correct form and technique using positive reinforcement
- Ensuring excellent customer service is delivered at all times
- Maintaining a professional relationship with members and ensure that all communications related to members are positive
- Conducting group sessions at specified times and on occasions assist with filling in other group fitness classes if available
- Providing a professional public image and maintain a safe, informative and friendly environment
- Collecting statistical information regarding patronage
Key qualities we are looking for:
- Passionate about ensuring our members receive an exceptional and memorable experience
- A positive attitude towards building a PT client baseand member retention
- Experience in program prescription and personal training
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Experience in outdoor group training
- Experience running group personal training sessions
The Key Selection Criteria for this position includes:
- Certificate III in Fitness, Fitness Leaders Course
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Relevant Program Certification (Bootcamp, Outdoor Group Fitness Training)
- Current Police Records Check
- Current Working With Children’s Check
- Sound knowledge of fitness equipment
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Please upload a video (no longer than 3 minutes) using http://wetransfer.com and answer the following questions:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- Tell us about WHY are you in the fitness industry.
- At PARC our mission is to inspire communities to engage in physical activity - what does that mean to you and how will you create the best experience to our members at PARC?
- How will you achieve high participation numbers each week?
Don't forget to include your name and send the upload to email@example.com
Please also feel welcome to forward a copy of your resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
For further information, please contact Pru Joss, Assistant Health and Fitness Manager, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 18 November 2018
Peninsula Leisure is an equal opportunity and child safe employer.