THE POSITION: The Pool Attendant / Lifeguard is responsible for assisting the Aquatic Facility Supervisor (Senior Lifeguard) in the efficient operation of the Aquatic Facilities of the Leisure Centres within Fairfield City Council. Areas of responsibility include Pool Surveillance, security, performing Life Guarding duties, administering First Aid, maintaining cleanliness of buildings and grounds, setting up areas for scheduled activities and performing customer service duties.
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- A current Working with Children Check Certificate.
- Good interpersonal skills, experience and commitment to customer service.
- An understanding of the principles of EEO and WHS.
- Technical Operations Certificate.
- Experience in a large facility
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- 76 hours per fortnight on a weekly rotating roster
- Full time commencing salary will be $49,957 per annum, which is entry level to pay level B. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to progress through Council’s salary process
- A Uniform is provided
- Hours of Work: Between 5am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. However, commencing and finishing times will be flexible and depend on operational needs.
This position has been identified as ‘child related employment’ under the Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998.
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Daniel Davis on 0448 368 123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 4pm on Monday the 19th of November 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website.
To apply online, visit Council’s Website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au and select the Quick Link for Career Opportunities.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860