Primary Job Purpose
Essential Role of Administrative Assistant for Events and Technical has opened up in Triathlon Australia. Key purpose of the job is to provide support to the National Events & Technical Manager and also supporting the organisation in a variety of interesting ways, including but not limited to, communications, scheduling, data entry, content creation and often being part of Triathlon Australia events. Therefore, a certain level of flexibility is required from this role.
By Technical, primarily we deem Technical Official program. Technical Official is any person who controls the play of a competition by applying the rules and regulations of the sport to make judgments on rule infringement, performance, time or ranking.
- Supporting National Events & Technical Manager and the Triathlon Australia team.
- Preparing reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence.
- Taking detailed meeting minutes, updating and maintaining policies and procedures
- Maintaining files and databases.
- Assisting with delivery of national technical official training and development program.
- Ensuring that nationally all technical officials are trained to the level required.
- Liaising with triathlon technical official program coordinators in all states.
- Communicating with different stakeholders via email and phone.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and travel.
- Occasional interstate travel and weekend work may be required.
- Completing general administration and various ad hoc duties required in the office.
Experience, Skills and Personal attributes
- Excellent administrative and analytical skills, proven prior experience as an administrative assistant
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise while working to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow smooth communication with different job roles within the organisation, including external stakeholders and volunteers
- A demonstrated ability to perfectly communicate information in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally, perfect English required for some short content writing
- “Can do” pro-active attitude to issues and challenges, ability to often work unsupervised with good results
- Self-motivated, honest and trustworthy
- Detail oriented, good problem-solving skills and works with a high degree of accuracy
- High knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook) and a working knowledge of scheduling and presentation software.
- Understanding of training and development of certain groups (e.g. Volunteers) would be an advantage
- Passion for sport, willing to be part of the team during events
- A degree in Business, Administration or similar is a benefit