Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Insights Officer, your primary focus is to build an Insight Engine within Tennis Australia: turn consumer understanding into action. You will be establishing a new team in an organisation creating a centralised data & insights expert team for the first time. This team will provide advice and consultation to the broader Marketing team as well as all other business units in the organisation.
As the Head of Data & Insights, you will drive our team in the following areas:
- You will lead a team to build capability across the organisation to raise confidence using data, increase adoption of data tools.
- Harness data visualisation and storytelling to land key insights by making them usable and engaging.
- Encourage curiosity amongst all Tennis Australia (TA) staff around consumer behaviour through making access to data easy and engaging
- Assess how best to access data sources and how to harness ongoing survey data, digital data, participation data and other consumer feedback
- Regularly showcase examples of where data has uncovered insight, which in turn is actioned to deliver against strategic targets.
- Oversee relationships and manage research partners to consistently give their best efforts to deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Substantial experience in data & analytics
- Strong business acumen
- Superior communication, analytical, negotiation and written skills
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Tertiary qualifications in analytics discipline
- Ability to motivate and professionally develop staff
- Passion to stay ahead of industry trends and innovations
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click here.
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all people to apply for this role.