As an instructor with Olympic Park, you will primarily be teaching essential water safety and swimming skills to school age children through our learn-to-swim program. However, as a swim instructor with Olympic Park, you will also have the opportunity to work across a number of fun aquatic programs including birthday parties and vacation care.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
- Strong communication skills when dealing with children and parents
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to pre-plan and develop lessons.
- Exhibiting the highest standards of program delivery in areas of swimming instruction / swim coaching/supervision of children and customer service
- Excellent team work skills
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively with a solution focus
- Reliable and committed to providing quality service
Sydney Olympic Park Swim School is one of the largest Swim Schools in Western Sydney. We specialise in school-age learn to swim and have over 4000 students. We also offer lessons for infants, pre-schoolers, teens, adults, squads and special needs. We currently have a team of 65 casual learn to swim instructors and are enthusiastic about attracting new talent to continue to build the strength of our team.
You will be working with a vibrant and diverse team who have a range of experience with swimming and swim teaching. We offer opportunities for professional development and training, as well as encourage our team to continue to develop their skills through our collaborative environment. We provide flexible working hours to complement your lifestyle, whether that is as a student, someone looking to return to work after having kids or simply looking for casual work. We also provide free ‘gym and swim’ for our staff, along with discounts at the Aqua Café, Speedo Shop, Swim School and Health Club.