Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the national governing body for football in Australia. It governs all national teams (including the Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas), the Hyundai A League, Westfield W-League, Foxtel National Youth League, Westfield FFA Cup, National Premier Leagues and also leads state, community and grass roots football.
FFA is currently seeking applications for a Leagues Operations Coordinator in our Leagues department.
Experience in sport is not a prerequisite but preferred, however our priority is to hire the best. Our expectation would be that you have completed a graduate program or similar and are ready to take that next step. Whilst this is an entry level role into our organisation and a broader sports management career it requires much more than a love for the game.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide general administrative support to Senior Manager League Operations;
- Provide administrative assistance to General Manager Leagues and ACL Operations Manager duties as required;
- Provide administrative support for ad-hoc competition operational matters, liaise with key internal and external stakeholders regarding these matters and assist with ensuring that regulatory, policy and procedures associated with these competition operational matters are adhered to by relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate and administer internal and external League Operations communication procedures, such as managing the League Resource Centre portal, maintain key stakeholder contact information and distribution of FFA Leagues Memos;
- Project Manage administrative requirements of the Match Day Operations Manual;
- Administer and coordinate the requirements of FFA’s Equipment Regulations and associated policies and procedures as they relate to FFA’s National Leagues;
- Coordinate the administration of the FFA Mobile and Communications Devices Policy and associated policies and procedures as they relate to FFA’s National Leagues;
- Administer delivery of FFA’s Player Recognition Policy;
- Coordinate administration associated with:
- Player and Club League Awards Program;
- Finals Series operations;
- Non-Fixture Sanctioned Matches; and
- Provide assistance with specified department projects .
Knowledge, skills and behavior required
- Knowledge of football landscape in Australia is desired
- Keen interest in HAL and WWL competitions is preferred
- Cultural fit (FFA Way values)
- Flexible and open minded to innovation, new approaches and change
- Process driven
- Emphasis on relationship building
- Previous experience in an office-based administration role
- Work experience in Sports Admin and/or sporting environments is preferred
- Proficient with basic software programs and general technology (Microsoft suite)
- Problem solving skills
- Can demonstrate forward thinking and ability to plan
- Degree of autonomy with attention to detail
- Ability to work in busy / dynamic environment
FFA People & Culture
FFA’s staff culture is an evolving process of continuous improvement with a consistent passion across the business for growing the game to become Australia’s number 1 sport. FFA’s existing and incoming staff all need to align to the organsiation’s values - People, Collaboration, Integrity, Whole of Game, Unlimited Potential and Excellence. More recently there has been a conscious focus on improving flexibility and work life balance within FFA through the introduction of the FFA People & Work Approach. This allows individuals to develop informal work arrangements to suit their personal situations.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your resume to email@example.com
Please be specific in the email title of the role you are applying for.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.