At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Casey Stadium
The newly redeveloped Casey Stadium is located in Cranbourne East as a staple facility within the Casey Complex precinct and has a long history of providing indoor sporting experience to the surrounding community. The state of the art facility houses two stakeholder tenants in the Casey Basketball Association and Casey Netball Association.
The centre provides the following facilities:
- 10 x Multi-Purpose Indoor full-sized sports courts (Basketball, Netball, Volleyball & Badminton)
- Indoor Sports Centre (Cricket & Futsal)
- Café, seating and reception areas
- Show court with grandstand seating
- Gymnastics Hall
- Multi-purpose room
- Meeting rooms
- Administration Office space, change and toilet amenities
- Storage areas
Key Elements of the Role
Casey Stadium has recently undergone an $18 million redevelopment and the Duty Manager is responsible for the operations of the Centre. A key component of this is identifying potential risk factors and taking steps to reduce those risks. The Duty Manager will provide strong leadership to the entire staff team and act as positive role models in an effort to build strong people, strong families and strong communities.
The Duty Manager must maintain a broad knowledge of programs and services and ensure all staff are delivering exceptional service. The ability to multi-task and prioritise is key to ensure all responsibilities including; customer service, staff rosters and breaks, operations, general maintenance and cleaning are successfully managed. The role requires strong leadership, staff management, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Driven to lead and support staff to achieve individual and Centre goals, while ensuring a positive and motivating culture
- Strong oral and written communication skills which will form the foundation for successful public relations campaigns, partnership building and liaising with organisation and community members to program programs and services
- Strong alignment to the YMCA values of honesty, respect, caring and responsibility and be driven to achieve the vision to help everyone be healthier, happier and connected to their community; and help those who are not
- Ability to meet and exceed the customer service expectations of members and guests
- Previous experience in building rapport and working closely with individuals and groups to strengthen relationships
- Ability to multitask and problem solve to achieve positive outcomes
- Working With Children Check
- HLTFA301B First Aid Level 2
- HLTAID001 CPR or equivalent (including formal defibrillator certification)
To be completed upon appointment:
- SITXFSA001 Level 1 Food Handler Certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Fire Warden training
- Conflict Resolution training
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.