About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
About the role
Due to our highly successful and popular swim school we have the opportunity to grow our fantastic swim school team.
Our mission is to provide the Inner West community with the best swim school experience possible. To do this, we need the best instructors possible.
We are seeking instructors who are committed to the kids and to our program. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! We have an immediate need for Infants and toddlers Swim School Instructors.
Applicants need to have a Austswim Certificate in “Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety” and experience in teaching swimming to a range of ages and ability levels but the biggest thing is to have a love and passion for working in the swim school industry.
At Inner West, we value the safety and well being of all children attending the Aquatic Centre and as such applicants need to have a valid Working with Children Check when applying for this fantastic and rewarding role.
So if you want to join a fantastic swim school which is all about passion and being the best, then please apply now!
This position will require a current NSW Working with Children (Background) Check Certificate.
We recommend you read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
Up to $36.06 per hour (inclusive of 25% casual loading)+ super.
- Training and Professional Development
- Great Work Life Balance
- Reliable Environment
- Current Austswim Instructors Accreditation or ASCTA Learn to Swim and Water Safety
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current Working With Children Check
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Flexibility of hours, ability to diversify
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Desire to improve children’s swimming ability
- Austswim Certificates in:
- Teacher of Infant aquatics and Preschool Aquatics
- Access & Inclusion
- Babies and Toddlers
- Learners with Disability and specialist needs
- Weekend availability
- Bronze Medallion
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Experience working in childcare, children’s activities, school activities.
- Experience working with babies and young children
- Learn to Swim and coaching experience at other centres
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal employment opportunities, diversity, work health and safety, ethical practice
Kristen Carey, Aquatic Programs Coordinator on (02) 8061 9743
Closing Date Friday 7 December 2018, 11:30pm
How to Apply Please click here.