The Events and Programs role offers the rare opportunity to champion the sport of triathlon in Queensland. Triathlon Queensland is responsible for the growth and development of triathlon, and the stewardship of the ‘TQ’ team, clubs, and individual members. Triathlon Queensland has 6000 members and 50,000 unique participants annually within Queensland. Our organisation works closely with commercial race operators for the provision of sanctioning, technical services, race designations, state calendar, promotion, and awareness of races.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the purpose of the Events and Programs Officer is to provide opportunities for participation through contemporary and innovative approaches to event delivery, promotional activations, the coordination of the State Series, and other sport development opportunities.
This role requires an individual with a flair for event organisation, activations, grass roots sport, stakeholder engagement, and the participant experience. This role provides a real buzz, as you work with a variety of stakeholders and a great team.
As participation continues to grow this is an exciting time to join Triathlon.
You will be able to plan and deliver events, will be highly organised, an effective communicator, and knowledge of triathlon is preferred.
- Relevant qualification in Event Management, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, plan, manage time, and meet deadlines.
- A core understanding of the sports environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an event and mitigate related risks.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, and to engage stakeholders.
- You do not need to have done a triathlon, but you might find you want to!
Due the nature of the sports industry, this role will require varied work hours due to events, weekend work, presentations, and evening events or meetings. Candidates will be required to meet all obligations and legislation regarding Child Safety and Working with Children.
What’s on offer?
Triathlon QLD offers a team-based work environment with a passion to grow the sport in QLD. We offer a fun and small team, a true focus to help you develop your career, and the opportunity to make a difference.