Netball WA is the governing body for the sport in Western Australia, incorporating the subsidiary entities of West Coast Fever Netball Club and Glass Jar Australia. Netball WA has a clear vision to be ‘The sport of choice in Western Australia’. Underpinning this vision and our purpose of ‘advancing netball, advancing communities’, is a new 2018-2022 Strategic Plan which outlines key outcomes, goals and strategies across four pillars within Netball WA; People & Culture, Participation, Pathway & Business Performance.
Based at the State Netball Centre (SNC) in Jolimont, this role will report to the General Manager – Community Netball.
The role will be responsible for providing leadership to ensure the effective management and overall performance of the State Netball Centre (SNC) as well as lead the delivery of Netball WA’s community netball competitions and events.
Core responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Community Netball competitions and events and West Coast Fever’s needs at the SNC, including Association Championships, WA Netball League (WANL), Australian Netball League (ANL) and Metro League;
- Manage the activities of the events and competitions team, including coordination of competitions, events, programs and coordination of umpiring, volunteers and officials for these activities.
- Oversee venue operations and maintain Netball WA’s obligations under the Co-Management Agreement with VenuesWest;
- Work in collaboration with both existing and new program providers, and seek to maximise venue utilisation and commercialisation using netball programs, events and competitions and those of other sports providers;
- Responsibility for the management of logistics for sport specific and non-sport specific events and competitions, ensuring adherence to all relevant Netball WA and VenuesWest policies and procedures;
- Oversee security of the State Netball Centre including access and allocation of keys and fobs, monitoring of CCTV and security systems and alarm response management.
The role is a full-time, maximum term for (3 years with possible extension) working 37½ hours per week. A salary package of $80,000 - $90,000 per annum plus super will be offered to the successful candidate together with a range of benefits that include: access to free parking, tickets to West Coast Fever and other events, mobile phone plan cost reimbursement, access to Professional Development opportunities, Employee Assistance & Wellbeing Programs.