This practical workshop is ideal for health professionals who are looking to tailor personalised programs for their 1-on-1 clients to restore optimal function in the CORE & PELVIS region.
The anatomy involved in maintaining core and pelvic stability will be reviewed, along with assessment techniques to test core and pelvic stability. We will examine the most common injuries and dysfunctions that you will see in your client and the best progressive strengthening program for each system of pelvic and core muscles to address these issues.
Have you ever had a client with recurring knee and hip injuries?
You may be strengthening the wrong part of the body.
Learn how pelvic stability plays the key role in rehabilitation and prevention of all lower limb injuries, as well as:
- The latest concepts of retraining core stability, including specific activation and strengthening for the pelvic floor muscles, diaphragm, transversus abdominus and deep spinal stabilisers.
- Understand how the core is the foundation of stability and strength for optimal pelvic stability.
- Develop your understanding of how to improve and prevent sacroiliac joint pain through utilising the teams of muscles know as the pelvic sling system.
- Ensure your functional fitness exercises are training the correct muscles by learning tricks and tips to activate the gluteus maximus, medius and hip external rotators.
- Learn techniques to downtrain the muscles that are prone to “spasm” around the pelvis causing compensatory patterns that increase the risk of injury.
- Develop exercise progressions for the anterior and posterior oblique systems, as well as the lateral pelvic stabilisers.