The Certificate 3 in Fitness is the basic entry level fitness courses for those looking to become a fitness instructor.
A certified fitness instructor may be employed in locations such as gyms, fitness facilities, pools and community facilities.
Graduates of the Global Fitness Institute SIS30315 Certificate 3 in Fitness will possess the appropriate industry recognized trainer qualification to work as a gym instructor or group fitness instructor.
Students will complete the following core units, developing skills and knowledge, such as the ability to:
- SISFFIT001 Provide Health Screening and Fitness Orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
These core units form the entry level requirements to enrol into our Personal Training Courses (Certificate IV in Fitness)
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate Groups
- SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISXFAC002 Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities