Candidates are required to have:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ accreditation
- A reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability
The course consists of approximately 9 contact hours (theory and practical), plus 10 hours of practical observation hours.
- Towards competitive swimming
- External influences and conditions
- Instructional styles
- Learning - making it work
- Development of competitive stroke technique
To gain the accreditation, the following assessment components must be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the course commencement date.
- Practical assessment
- Online theory assessment
- Practical observation hours
- Show evidence of holding a current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) award. For further information on CPR requirements please follow link http://goo.gl/4atifw
- Teacher Declaration (done online with exam)
- Submit photo for AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence™
On successful completion of all course requirements candidates will receive the AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes™ accreditation. This is valid for 3 years at which point the AUSTSWIM Teacher™ must renew their accreditation Follow link - http://goo.gl/gJvQ7V.