Football Queensland (FQ) the state governing body of Australia’s highest participation team sport is looking for an experienced leader to manage our Leagues and Competitions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer you will provide management support to the following Football Queensland departments in your business unit:
- Leagues (NPL/FQPL/NPLW/SAP)
- National Systems
You will ensure excellence in quality of service, influence, educate, lead and manage a committed team of staff.
This role will manage 4 direct reporting Line Managers / Coordinators and 2-3 indirect reporting officers / administrators.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive financial management to meet/beat budgets
- Meet all departments heads regularly to establish, maintain and exceed objectives
- Meet with FQ Executive team weekly
- Grow participation and satisfaction in Futsal
- Manage the organisations overall strategy for National Systems and their implementation in Queensland
- Review current systems in each department and implement change where necessary
- Be the escalation point and assign duties and tasks to the Competition Manager position.
- Monitor and mentor staff performance including formal reviews
- Oversee the establishment and maintain policies and procedures for the effective management of Football Queensland competitions..
- Support the ongoing requirements of administrating Football Queensland competitions including the management of Fixtures, Referees, Match Results, Disciplinary and Sanction processes and Appeals processes.
- Attend training, workshops, events to further enhance competition administration expertise.
Key Performance Measures
- A performance and development agreement will outline your expected performance standards and business goals as well as skills improvement.
- The agreement will ensure that the objectives for this role are regularly set and their achievement measured to assist you to effectively manage your activities, determine how successful you have been in delivering the particular benefits sought and gauge any further development or training you need to do to develop your career
Key Selection Criteria
The following skills and qualifications are essential:
- Previous experience in competition administration and management.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills and convincing management style.
- Have a Customer Service focus.
- Be able to initiate new relationships and have the knowledge of dealing with professional administrators and volunteers.
- Be well aware of terminologies and policies of managing football competitions
- Enthusiasm and a high-level of self-motivation and initiative, both independently and as a part of a team.
- Consistently proactive, taking initiative whenever possible.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills with the ability to plan, coordinate and execute tasks and projects through to completion whilst meeting deadlines, balancing competing demands and having a specific attention to detail.
- Ability to work with limited direction to initiate procedures, set priorities and manage tasks.
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in word, excel and outlook computer systems
- Dedicated and mature approach to customer service
- Ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Ability to be able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
The following skills and qualifications are desired:
- Experience in working with volunteers.
- Experience or knowledge of the Football industry.
- Football Queensland Executive Team and staff
- Zone Competition Management staff
- Football Community – Clubs and Individuals