At Melbourne Girls Grammar, we believe that an exceptional education for life provides not only academic skills and attributes, but also emotional and physical wellbeing. Our sustained focus is therefore on making girls’ wellbeing central to the school experience.
Our new world-class Artemis Centre – named after the mythical goddess who represents strength and good health – boasts state of the art facilities including a 25m swimming pool, multi-purpose court, Fitness Hub with gym equipment, dance and yoga studio, outdoor seating amphitheatre, Learning Commons and café with indoor/outdoor meeting spaces. Artemis enables us to provide programs including Artemis Gymnastics, Artemis Aquatics as well as Artemis Holiday Clinics and other resources that underpin our proactive approach to student wellbeing.
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a passionate and experienced professional to join the Artemis team as the Jump Start Gymnastics Program Manager and Head Coach. This position is responsible for the year-round operation and promotion of the MGGS Jump Start Gymnastics Program, which includes managing the “Gymnastics for All” and “KinderGym” programs as well as providing quality coaching and instruction to MGGS students and the wider community.
The primary purpose of the MGGS Jump Start Gymnastics Program is to inspire all students to lead a physically active and healthy life by teaching them fundamental movement skills in a fun, safe, inclusive and enjoyable space. The Jump Start Gymnastics Manager and Head Coach will be responsible for leading the continued growth and development of these aims.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and carrying out the daily operation of the Jump Start Gymnastics Program;
- Providing high quality gymnastics coaching;
- Managing and mentoring the cohort of casual gymnastics coaches, including recruitment when required;
- Collaborating with relevant groups to assist with meeting curriculum requirements;
- Assisting with the promotion and marketing of Program information to internal and external communities;
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Intermediate Level Gymnastics Coaching accreditation;
- Minimum of 5 years’ gymnastics coaching experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing a gymnastics program or similar;
- A passion for gymnastics and providing opportunities and positive experiences for children to get involved;
- Strong organisational skills, a customer service orientation and flexibility with working hours;
- Current Gymnastics Australia Technical Membership;
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificate; and
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check
Please view the Position Description for further details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must hold or prior to commencing employment or be willing to obtain a current and valid Victorian Working with Children's Check.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 19 October 2018