The CSM is responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the Carrara Squash Centre (CSC) and the Southport Squash Centre, Gold Coast. This ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset which will translate into increased facility utilisation via the delivery of both traditional and non-traditional squash activities. The CSM will also be responsible for driving non-squash ‘lifestyle’ programming i.e. yoga and other sport/ fitness activity.
The CSM working in close collaboration with other members of the Squash Australia (SA) team to ensure best practice national programming is being delivered and ‘Centremark’ and ‘SportyHQ’ are being effectively used to ensure that ‘off court’ excellence is being achieved.
This position has the potential to be employed as a staff member of SA or as an independent contract. This will depend on the successful applications skillset and background around facility management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE)
- High levels of facility utilisation.
- High levels of membership & participation - retention and growth
- Excellent customer services - happy members.
- Excellent processes and systems in place.
Responsible for implementing IT systems and processes
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the online court booking software (Sporty HQ).
- Responsible for maintaining the affiliation system and CRM (Sporty HQ).
- Responsible for the website (Sporty HQ) and social media.
- Responsible for effectively tracking key data i.e. utilisation rates, participation rates etc.
- Establish casual staffing needs and engage staff – Court bookings and proshop.
- Engage local coaches to deliver a range of coach programmes out of CSC.
- Work with SA staff to ensure national programs are delivered out of CSC.
- Assist SA in piloting new participation programs.
- Build relationships with local schools ensuring the delivery of OzSquash
Competitions / Tournaments
- Manage/ coordinate all Pennant teams
- Ensure a minimum number of tournaments are delivered out of the facility per year.
- Ensure delivery of inhouse competitions and tournament.
- Deliver new and exciting competitive opportunities.
- Ensure all required affiliation requirements are met.
- Investigate the viability of and implement a range of lifestyle activities with SA Team.
- Establish partnerships with potential facility users (sporting bodies and community groups) with SA Team.
- Forecast, report and deliver on financial budgets.
- Ensure organisational procedures are in place to manage compliance and risk.
- Ensure stakeholder obligations and expectations are exceeded.
- Receive and action day-to-day requests as required.
- Complete monthly reporting.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be a team player
- Have a relevant degree or equivalent working experience
- Have excellent computer skills especially in Microsoft office products
- Have experience in developing focused commercial offerings
- Provide excellent customer services
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Excellent time management
- An attention to detail
- A valid driving license
- A background in Squash is preferable
- We are ideally looking for a candidate who can start immediately.