In 2019 the College will implement an Athlete Development Program (ADP), a high performance preparatory program for elite level student athletes. This program will be offered for students entering Years 8-10, with an expansion to other year levels planned for 2020. The ADP will provide students additional high performance preparation for their selected sport activity, both within College representation and non-College sport.
A vacancy exists for a full time High Performance Coach to provide management and oversight for the program and its students. This is a full time, contract position for the 2019 and 2020 school years and will commence in late January 2019. Remuneration will be based on relevant knowledge, qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will also be required to provide support to the broader co-curricular sport program in a coaching capacity.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Exercise science, Human Movement or equivalent qualification
- Recognised coaching qualification in one of the following sports; Australian Rules Football, Basketball, Football, Netball or Athletics
- Experience in developing high performance programs for individual athletes, including physical preparation and injury prevention/management
- Experience in managing junior/youth athletes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Valid Working with Children Check Card
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association Level 1 minimum certification
- Exercise Sport Science Australia, Sport Science Accreditation (ASpS1) desired
- Anaphylaxis certification and Level 1 First Aid preferable.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV and the names and contact details of three referees.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and close Friday 26 October 2018.
For further information please contact Mr Matt Sheens, Director of Sport. Ph (03) 9409 8412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This school community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
|How To Apply|
Written applications, maximum one page outlining experience and suitability and CV including names and contact details of three referees.
Applications to be emailed to the Principal, Mr Brian Hanley at email@example.com
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.