Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Rare, entry level position in an elite sporting organisation
- Suitable for a dynamic individual
- Great employee benefits
Who are we?
As part of the City Football Group, Melbourne City FC’s ambition is to develop the best footballing talent, to deliver an exciting and forward playing game and to increase participation in football on and off the field. By achieving these ambitions, we are growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the W-League, and the National Youth League.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
Are you an energetic self- starter with strong coordination skills? Are you dynamic with an appetite to explore new things? Then this may be the role for you.
Based at La Trobe University, Bundoora and reporting to the Fan Experience Manager, this role is responsible for assisting with three key areas – event planning and execution, ticketing and retail. This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight in a number of key areas within our marketing department.
- Assist the Fan Experience Manager in a number of areas including retail and ticketing
- Assist the Operations and Event Manager in the planning and execution of club community events, match days and member functions
- Oversee event database, rsvp list and invitations
- Manage the relationship with the club’s ticketing partner Ticketek and our home stadium, AAMI Park
- Co-ordinate all aspects of match day ticketing for the marketing department
- End to end management of match day volunteers including recruitment
- Carry out retail stock takes
- Pick and pack retail orders
- Manage phone enquiries in relation to club merchandise
- Work in club retail outlets on match day
What we need from you:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Marketing/Sports Administration/Event Management)
- High level of computer literacy
- Experience in event management (an advantage)
- High level of customer service skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong co-ordination
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
You will be required to work on weekends where needed and attend match day where necessary.