Football Technology Manager & Lead Performance Analyst
WHY CHOOSE THE SWANS?
When choosing a career with the Sydney Swans, you will join a strong values-based organisation with a committed, proud and professional team working together towards ultimate sporting success. The Sydney Swans strive to be one of the leading football clubs both on and off the field in Australia.
The Sydney Swans are currently accepting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the Football Technology Manager & Lead Performance Analyst position.
This position will provide an integrated and effective technology and analytics system that enhances the professional operation of the Football Department and helps deliver Football Department objectives. This system will underpin what is required to measure and maximise on-field performance.
- Create and sustain competitive advantage in technology and performance analysis systems
- Lead and innovate Football Department data analytics
- Manage the technology and audio-visual infrastructure and resources required for performance analysis
- Manage the provision and development of performance analysis systems and technology that enhance coaching, player development and on-field performance
- Coordinate and maximise the use of the Protrac Athlete Management System
- Ensure match day information, communication and analysis is comprehensive and integrated to support the performance of the Sydney Swans AFL and NEAFL teams
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant and applicable tertiary education qualifications in statistics, data science and/or mathematics
- Proven experience and competency in data analysis
- Ability to think laterally about performance and challenge conventional wisdom
- Sportscode and video capture experience
- Ability to create sophisticated analysis forms and output windows
- Champion Data program experience
- Research and development skills
- A high-level knowledge of AFL football is desirable
Suitably experienced and interested individuals should submit a one (1) page letter of introduction.
Along with this letter please also submit your resume which should be no longer than three (3) pages to:
Applications close 16 December 2018
Please note we expect a high level of interest in the role and only those applicants short listed will be contacted.
The Sydney Swans do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Sydney Swans Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Further enquiries should be directed to Scott Dalby (Human Resources) on (02) 9339 9123.