In this role you will be reporting to the Membership Manager, working closely with the Surf Life Saving NSW staff team and key volunteers throughout the state. You will be a passionate worker who leads by example, supporting Surf Life Saving clubs to create a safe and inclusive environment.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
SLSNSW’s Membership Team works to support our membership base - from the youngest nipper through to our most passionate lifesavers. Following a recent restructure, a number of roles within this team have been reshaped to ensure the organisation is well-positioned to deliver its strategic objectives relating to the recruitment, induction, recognition, retention, and safeguarding of members throughout the state.
SOME OF THE KEY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Assisting with the development and implementation of new frameworks to promote and enable member diversity, inclusion and wellbeing.
- Assisting with the creation of tools, resources and communications to promote positive mental health across the organisation.
- Providing guidance and support to Surf Life Saving NSW members on policies and resources relating to diversity, inclusion, safeguarding and wellbeing.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects on time, to scope and within budget.
- An understanding of one or more of the following key areas – Inclusion, diversity, volunteer engagement, mental health.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Salary packaging and novated car leasing options
- Free access to onsite parking
- Free access to our onsite fitness facility
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
Location: Belrose- Northern Beaches
Position: Full Time
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019