- Providing high level strategic leadership, insights, advice and direction
- Working collaborative with sports and across the high performance system
- Lead the development of evidence-based sport specific performance strategy
As Australia’s strategic high performance sport agency, the AIS is responsible for leading and enabling a united high performance system that supports Australian athletes to achieve podium success. The Sport Strategy and Investment team (SS&I) work collaboratively with sports to understand and challenge their high-performance (HP) strategies and enable informed future investment and resource allocation decisions.
As the Senior Consultant – Sports Strategy, you will be responsible for collaborating with sports, HP system colleagues and key stakeholders, to develop evidenced-based and future focussed sport-specific Performance Strategies. These Performance Strategies will maximise the contribution to Australia’s high-performance system goals and KPIs. Applying best practice approaches, you will work as part of the SS&I team to provide key performance metrics to support the whole organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A degree or higher qualification/s and demonstrated senior level experience in business strategy, probably via high level consulting.
- Demonstrated expertise in positively influencing clients to work collaboratively in the development of strategic plans.
- Experience in successfully managing a diverse project team of internal and external consultants, including demonstrated success in achieving team and project objectives and cohesion in line with a strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely, compelling and concise advice to executive members and senior management to inform and support decision making particularly in relation to strategic investment.
- Demonstrated high level experience in managing financial resources, risk management and business planning.
- A passion, affinity and deep knowledge of high-performance sport is strongly desirable
Our preferred location for this position is Canberra however we will consider alternate locations for the right candidate. This position will be offered as a four-year fixed term contract (full time).
Salary range = $129,010 - $157,100 per annum plus superannuation. Salary is negotiable for the right candidate.
Employment benefits include free parking facilities and use of on-site gymnasium.
Applications close 5.00pm AEDT 21 January 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
To apply for this position please down load the above attachments and then click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applicants will need to upload their CV/Resume.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description please contact Alex Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion, quoting reference number JN 1698.
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328.