- Providing high level strategic leadership, insights, advice and direction
- Working collaborative with sports and across the high performance system
- Development, coordination and delivery of strategies
As Australia’s strategic high performance sport agency, the AIS is responsible for leading and enabling a united high performance system that supports Australian athletes to achieve podium success. The Sport Strategy and Investment team (SS&I) work collaboratively with sports to understand and challenge their high-performance (HP) strategies and enable informed future investment and resource allocation decisions.
As the National Elite Pathway Manager, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with sports, HP system colleagues and key stakeholders in the planning, development, coordination and delivery of strategies. Using your in depth knowledge of high performance sport, you’ll also research and establish contemporary and sport-relevant athlete pathways to successfully identify and develop talented athletes to contribute to more medal winning performances for Australia.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A degree or higher qualification/s and demonstrated senior level experience in sports coaching or sports science
- Demonstrated experience in leading successful national talent identification and pathway programs
- Experience in successfully leading and managing a diverse team, including demonstrated success in achieving team and project objectives in line with a strategic direction.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling and concise advice to inform executive members and senior management to support decision making.
- Demonstrated high level experience in managing financial resources, data analytics, risk management, business planning and strategy development.
- Experience delivering cultural change through influence and using innovative techniques.
- A passion, affinity and deep knowledge of high-performance sport is strongly desirable
The preferred location for this position is Canberra and the contract on offer is a four-year fixed term contract (full time).
Salary range = $129,010 - $157,100 per annum plus superannuation, salary is negotiable for the right candidate.
Employment benefits include free parking facilities and use of on-site gymnasium.
Applications close 5.00pm AEDT 21 January 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
To apply for this position please down load the above attachments and then click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applicants will need to upload their CV/Resume.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description please contact Alex Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion, quoting reference number JN 1699.
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328.