- Work collaboratively with sports to provide high quality data and analytics
- Canberra location
- Develop evidenced-based, customized models, frameworks and systems
As Australia’s strategic high performance sport agency, the AIS is responsible for leading and enabling a united high performance system that supports Australian athletes to achieve podium success. Our Sport Strategy and Investment team (SS&I) work collaboratively with sports to understand and challenge their high-performance (HP) strategy and enable informed future investment and resource allocation decisions.
As the Analyst – Sport Insights and Analytics, you will contribute to the development of evidenced-based, customised models, frameworks and systems that support internal colleagues to make balanced investment decisions to achieve sustainable improvements in high performance outcomes. Using your experience in financial and analytical models/databases, you’ll work collaboratively with sports to provide high quality data and analytics, aligned with AIS strategic objectives, to optimise performance outcomes.
If this role sounds like you, please note our preferred candidate should bring:
- A degree or higher qualification in a relevant discipline such as finance, mathematics, applied statistics, accounting or economics.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining financial and analytical models and databases.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling and concise advice to inform management decision making
- Demonstrated experience in completing and managing multiple projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in applying tools and software to manage and validate data as well as conduct complex data analyses.
- Experience in analysing financial budgets, including alignment with strategic and operational plans.
- A passion, affinity and deep knowledge of high-performance sport is strongly desirable
This position is based in Canberra and will be offered as a four-year, fixed term contract position (full time).
Salary range = $88,434 - $101,959 per annum plus superannuation and is negotiable for the right candidate.
Employment benefits include free parking facilities and use of on-site gymnasium.
Applications close 5.00pm AEDT 21 January 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
To apply for this position please down load the above attachments and then click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applicants will need to upload their CV/Resume.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description please contact Alex Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion, quoting reference number JN 1702.
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328.