ABOUT THE POSITION
The role will work across both digital and technology space at Basketball NSW, specifically on The Basketball Network (TBN). The primary focus of the Basketball Network program is the delivery of a National Registration System, capturing the participants of our game. Basketball NSW provides leadership and direction to our affiliated members in this program and as a result, expert service and support.
The Digital and Database Coordinator supports our affiliated members around the State, plus the staff of Basketball NSW who also use the National Registration System platform to administer competitions, run events etc.
The successful candidate will be a technology focussed individual, with an interest in both digital and data. You will be a problem solver, have strong attention to detail, be solution driven and appreciate data integrity.
The team here at Basketball NSW are energetic and focused; working together we are all striving to grow the sport of basketball in NSW. The Digital and Database Coordinator will work within our Growth and Marketing team and together we are the face of the business, we are not office bound, the success of our team is about being visible and helpful.
The role is a key component of ensuring that Basketball NSW and our affiliated members run smoothly.
- To provide level 1 support to our associations. This includes trouble shooting any queries, answering inbound calls, responding to tickets and logging incidents/reports.
- To provide product training to administrators, either face-to-face, via webinars or by phone.
- Review data integrity, conducting regular audits and compliance checks in accordance with BNSW requirements.
- Extract and prepare high level data reports monthly for management.
- Assist our Business Development Officers in conducting stakeholder consultation sessions, including preparation of presentation and facilitation of feedback surveys.
- Create, build and publish a regular communication for the Basketball Network, including case studies, FAQ’s and best practice methods.
- Attend BNSW Events as directed to conduction forums, training sessions on The Basketball Network.
- Other duties as directed.
- To build strong and effective relationships with excellent service to our key stakeholders, this includes your fellow colleagues increasing their capacity and usage of The Basketball Network, including online registrations and payments, competition management, courtside app and websites.
- Liaise and interact with Basketball Australia and the vendor who provides the National Registration System platform.
- Triage, and appropriately prioritise support queries from administrators, troubleshooting user-based issues and escalating technical queries related to use of The Basketball Network system.
- Assist with the development and delivery of a National Registration System, including; stakeholder consolation, resource creation supporting education and training programs, documentation of feedback and variance requests and system reporting.
- Develop, understand and promote best practice data management, extracting required information for national reporting.
- Create, publish and disseminate regular communications with basketball administrators through, email, social media and the Basketball NSW website.
- Assist with any other tasks as directed by either your line manager or by the Chief Executive Officer.
- General Manager - Growth and Marketing
- Chief Executive Officer
- Finance Department
- Our Business Development Officers
- Our affiliated members (Associations)
New South Wales Basketball is the governing body of basketball in the state of NSW, Australia. Our vision is for basketball to be the sport of choice in NSW by leading the growth, promotion and participation of basketball by supporting our community at all levels.
ARE YOU INVOLVED IN OTHER BASKETBALL ACTIVITIES?
If yes that’s great and we encourage our staff to be actively involved in the game in other capacities, such as coaching, being a team manager, refereeing right through to just being a fan.
We get it and we understand it, as basketball runs through the veins for a lot of our staff members.
The successful applicant can continue to undertake these activities in their own time, but this must be disclosed at the time for applying for the role and must not present conflicts of interest in this role.
When you become a part of the basketball family, many networking opportunities present themselves and an opportunity may present itself to you that you would like to pursue. However, before accepting any such position(s), you will need to gain approval from Basketball NSW first.
You may be required to demonstrate that the position(s) will not in any way interfere with your employment and will in no way create a conflict of interest between the external position and your role at Basketball NSW.