At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Kew Recreation Centre
The Kew Recreation Centre (KRC) is an important community facility that delivers over 500,000 annual attendances and services over 3000 members and 1500 Swimming Lesson enrolments. Following a redevelopment in 2011, KRC work the prestigious Aquatic Recreation Centre Award for Best Health Club in 2013 and was also recognised as YMCA Victoria's Facility of the Year the same year.
Key Elements of the Role
The Team Leader will directly oversee the recruitment, training and ongoing development and performance of the Swimming Lesson Teachers and Teachers in Charge.
The Aquatics Team Leader will provide leadership and direction to the Swimming Lessons team. They will ensure this business area operates efficiently while delivering the highest possible level of service
Capabilities and Behaviours
- A proactive and solution-focused approach is essential in this position
- Strong communication and training skills will be required to roll out new and modified procedures, primarily utilising a train-the-trainer model
- Support staff through change processes
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Time Management and organisation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven record in the service industry and with staff management
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to set and meet financial and business targets and deadlines
- Experience in program improvement
- Understanding of YMCA customer service processes are preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to YMCA core values
- CPR and Level II First Aid qualifications
- Working with Children Card
- Safeguarding Children & Young People Certificate*
- AUSTSWIM or equivalent Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM or equivalent Teacher of Preschool Aquatics*
(*qualifications may be obtained upon appointment)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.