At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Coburg Leisure Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
Coburg Leisure Centre is one of six Active Moreland sites with a strong membership base carrying over to the swimming lessons.
The centre consists of a heated 25-metre pool, learners & toddlers Pool, spa, & steam room, fully equipped gymnasium, group fitness room and crèche.
Key Elements of the Role
Coburg Leisure Centre is looking for dedicated swimming instructors to teach our learn to swim program during the week and on weekends.
Our swim school is growing fast with more school groups coming through and more children wanting to learn to swim. We need enthusiastic instructors to deliver a safe and educational swim program.
A variety of opportunities are available at Coburg Leisure Centre for successful candidates.
The roles keys responsibilities will include
- Display interest, enthusiasm, patience, respect and innovation to parents, students and peers.
- Constructs and implements lesson plans that promote group teaching methods, combining stroke development with water safety.
- Structures and designs lessons with appropriate activities that enhance student interaction and collaboration
- Challenges and develops student's values and attitudes
- Is a role model who, demonstrates, and teaches positive values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and help out when required
- Enthusiastic, caring, engaging, fun personality
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Aquatics (Desirable)
- Level 2 first aid & CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People on-line course (completed after selection prior to employment).
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.