PCYC is dedicated to the development and delivery of quality sport and recreation activities.
About the Role
$27.55 - 31.24 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications)
Casual (approximately 10- 20 hours per week)
PCYC Beenleigh is currently recruiting motivated Instructors (Gymnastics) who will assist in the development and delivery of the Gymnastics Program to PCYC clients.
Key responsibilities include
- Deliver a broad range of group programs/sessions for all ages including school programs in compliance with safety and industry approved practice requirements;
- Mentor and assist the development of Junior coaching staff;
- Devise or contribute towards a marketing/promotional plan to improve activity programs, retain current participants and attract new participants;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Commitment to quality and customer service excellence.
- More than 2 years’ instructional experience in the relevant area of practice
- Holds a minimum Intermediate accreditation with Gymnastics Australia
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young adults, special needs and socially challenged groups using sports and exercise as a communication/life skills enhancement medium
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Hold a current Working with Children’s Check (Blue Card) or eligible to apply
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Enthusiastic and supportive attitude towards clients
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
What we can offer
- Ongoing training
- Flexible workplace
- Family friendly environment
- Free onsite parking
PCYC Queensland is a trusted and respected charitable not-for-profit that delivers programs, services and venues to meet community and youth needs across the State. Our organisation currently operates 54 branches, two Leadership Development Centres and two Activity Centres across Queensland.
Our services and programs aim to develop and support, as well as challenge and inspire, and are designed to meet the unique needs of communities across Queensland. Our clubs and programs provide opportunities for young people to have positive experiences, get involved in a wide range of activities, and learn from great mentors and community leaders including our serving Police officers.
Applications close 27 January 2019
PCYC Queensland is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for children and young people. Our Employees and Volunteers are critical to the delivery of that commitment.