Joining Australian Sailing at an exciting time as we launch a national participation program, this role is an opportunity for a marketing and communications professional to make their mark in one of Australia’s most successful modern Olympic sports.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial and Communications, the Marketing Project Officer will be responsible for the planning, delivery and reporting of the Marketing and Communication of Australian Sailing’s OutThere Sailing program. This part-time role may be applied for in conjunction with the part-time NSW OutThere Sailing Project Officer role to create a full-time position. Candidates who apply to both will be considered in this capacity. This can be accessed through this link: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/59517-nsw-outthere-sailing-project-officer-australian-sailing
This will be achieved through the creation and distribution of engaging and targeted content to support Clubs and participants and includes reporting on digital activity including website and social networks.
This role is responsible for the development, execution and reporting of targeted project campaigns including EDMs, website and social media utilising editorial, images and videos. Skills required include strong writing skills, eDM and social media experience, organisational skills and attention to detail.
The individual selected for this role will bring a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to build relationships internally and externally to achieve great results. As a member of a small team, it also requires a willingness to work independently and cohesively in support of others.
Marketing and Communications
- Contributes to the development and delivery of the marketing and communications plan for the OutThere program to engage with Clubs, Class Associations, members and key stakeholder groups.
- Executes the marketing and communications plan to encourage participation in the program.
- Schedules and produces regular e-newsletter campaigns to support the program’s marketing and communications plan.
- Responsible for the development and management of content calendar incorporating all planned campaigns across EDMs, social media, websites and media activities for the program.
- Prepares and owns the social media content plan for the program, across (bot not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channels.
- Sources, prepares and uploads engaging content for the program’s social media channels (requires some sailing knowledge, sound writing as well as image and video editing skills).
- Prepares suitably produced video and graphics.
- Tracks and reports on all social metrics.
Website and eDM
- Creates and administers calendar of relevant content for the program’s webpage, which is integrated with other Australian Sailing communications.
- Sources, prepares and sends the program’s eDM campaigns
- Stores and catalogues current photo and video content within the Australian Sailing library for use internally and externally.
- Tracks and reports on all website and eDM metrics.
- Executes a calendar of activity to encourage participation in the program across identified targeted audiences.
- Identifies opportunities to cross promote the program with other Australian Sailing activities.
- Ensures current photo and video content for the program is stored within the Australian Sailing library.
Planning and Reporting
- Supports Head of Commercial and Communications in developing and implementing media and PR activities to support the program.
- Regularly reports on social media metrics and activities and offer suggestions on opportunities to ensure strong engagement.
- Ad hoc projects, as required.
Head of Commercial and Communications
Commercial & Communications Team
Discover Sailing Centres
Programs, Education and Online Services Team
Australian Sailing staff
Qualifications & Experience
This is a part-time position based at Australian Sailing in St Leonards, Sydney.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or sport management are preferred.
- Experience in a media, communications, digital or club engagement role is highly desirable.
- Genuine interest in sport with sound knowledge and experience of sailing highly regarded.
- Strong organisational and planning skills required.
- High degree of computer literacy including web-based IT packages, image and video editing, e-newsletter distribution (MailChimp), experience with graphics packages ideal (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Demonstrated experience with websites (Content Management Systems).
- Ability to set up tracking and reporting across various channels.
- Excellent planning and time management with strong attention to detail and ability to work autonomously.
- Pro-active team player with a willingness to assist and interact with a wide range of stakeholders to get the job done.
- Due to the nature of the industry, it may be necessary to work outside of normal office hours including evenings or occasional weekend work.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and manage competing tasks simultaneously.
- Travel to events interstate may be required.
A suitable package will be negotiated with the successful candidate including superannuation and other entitlements/flexible work arrangements.
Please note that this part-time role can be applied for in conjunction with the NSW OutThere Sailing Project Officer role found through this link: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/59517-nsw-outthere-sailing-project-officer-australian-sailing
Candidates are welcome to apply to both roles and work under a full-time arrangement.
Australian Sailing is the national governing body committed to advance the sport of sailing in Australian and international communities in all its forms, and across all levels of participation. By providing leadership to the Clubs and Classes, through the provision of relevant services and support and in the development of high performance practices, we are committed to building the capability and capacity of sailing to be a successful and leading sport in Australia.