OutThere Sailing aims to increase the physical activity levels of 13-17 year-old participants through the exciting sport of sailing, windsurfing and stand-up paddle boarding. Focused on fun, social engagement, participants will experience a new sport, make new friends and develop important life skills that will benefit them into the future.
Reporting to the Regional Manager through the project lead, the Project Officer is responsible for supporting the club services team in the successful delivery of the SportAUS funded “Move it AUS Participation” program. These programs will be delivered at clubs in coastal areas and inland waterways around Australia. This role is based in St Leonard's, Sydney and may require travel within New South Wales.
The Project Officer will need to focus on four key objectives to significantly grow and enhance the sport of Sailing in relation to the OutThere Sailing project;
- Administration support to substantially grow participation in sailing across the specified target group.
- Administration support in regards to required participant data and the required SportAUS requirements.
- Build relationships with the targeted clubs and classes to develop their capabilities in relation to the project.
- Ongoing support in the development and delivery of project outcomes.
Please note this part-time role may be applied for in conjunction with the part-time OutThere Sailing Marketing Project Officer role to create a full-time position. Candidates who apply to both will be considered in this capacity. The Marketing Project Officer role can be accessed via this link: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/59516-outthere-sailing-marketing-project-officer-australian-sailing
- Successful attainment of the SportAUS project deliverables and outcomes
- Increase the number of sustainable participation opportunities that enable those less active young people to become more active through the sport of sailing.
- Improve the physical activity levels of less active young people, 12-17 years.
Qualifications and Experience
- Sports management degree or similar.
- Managing a diverse group of stakeholders including volunteers.
- Planning with set timelines and deliverables.
Knowledge and Skills
- Planning - able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and schedules to achieve positive project management outcomes.
- Ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences the strategies and plans to develop sailing.
- Demonstrated understanding of the drivers and barriers of sports participation, and the ability to develop strategies toward increased participation.
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as an effective part of a larger team while also managing various stakeholders.
- A high level of interpersonal and relationship management skills, a confident presenter and communicator, with excellent influencing and listening skills.
- Personal and professional values that align with the sporting values of respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
- Ability to construct well-written and succinct reports.
- Ability to build and sustain effective and productive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- A passion for the sport and the desire to increase overall participation.
- Outcomes focused with a strong desire to make a positive contribution through the delivery of high quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable with respect to working outside of traditional working hours as the position will require face-to-face interaction with stakeholder organisations and clubs and involve travel (possibly interstate) and possible weekend or after hours work.
12-month contract with potential to extend.
Please send your resume and covering letter that addresses the selection criteria to: email@example.com.
Please note that this part-time role can be applied for in conjunction with the OutThere Sailing - Marketing Project Officer role found through this link: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/59516-outthere-sailing-marketing-project-officer-australian-sailing
Candidates are welcome to apply to both roles and work under a full-time arrangement.
Australian Sailing as the national governing body is tasked to advance, promote, administer and grow the sport of sailing. Providing leadership to maintain and enhance standards and enrich the quality and reputation of sailing for the collective and mutual benefit of Members, Associates and Participants. Australian Sailing represents the interests of sailing in Australia as a member of World Sailing, the
Australian Olympic Committee and Australian Paralympic Committee. Through advocacy and partnerships with government and industry, Australian Sailing works to achieve support for programs and facilities for the benefit of the sport.
Australian Sailing is committed to achieving best practice governance and sports administration to deliver sustainable growth across all facets of Sailing.
Through the One Sailing organisational reforms Australian
Sailing is unifying the sport’s resources to address four key challenges;
- Improve the development and delivery of relevant services to clubs, classes and sailing community to significantly grow participation and enhance the skills of sailors, administrators and officials.
- Build stronger relationships across the network of clubs and classes to provide consistent and unified leadership and strategic direction.
- Ensure the sport is placed to capitalise on opportunities that can bring in significantly increased revenue.
- Build on Australian Sailing’s success at the Olympics through stronger management of underpinning programs and talent pathways in coordination with and support of clubs and class associations.