OUTLINE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PR and Communications
- Proactively build and co-ordinate effective media relationships and contacts with relevant local, national, regional print, broadcast and online key media influences.
- Review IBA facilities, team and/or player activity and achievements regularly in order to identify possible stories and promote via proactive media engagement, including writing press releases, newsletters, pitching feature articles, social media and website.
- Brief journalists and key media influences as required and draft reactive statements and letters to editors.
- Organise media days and press conferences as required, producing media briefings for these and other events.
Website & Social Media
- Lead the strategy and execution of IBA website and social media content, including channel management, creative content planning, posting and interaction in accordance with social media guidelines.
- Ensure that the IBA website and social media sites are regularly updated and steadily improved by posting articles, blogs, podcasts, videos etc. and by overseeing all website copy to ensure quality.
- Editing and development of IBA digital content, written, video and audio.
- Respond to all media enquiries in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that BB media coverage is recorded for dissemination to sponsors, partners, stakeholders and for board/staff research purposes.
- Raise public awareness and positively influence public opinion around key issues for IBA.
- Organise periodic training to IBA staff, volunteers and players in media skills and dealing with the press more generally.
- Carry out any other duties which are reasonably deemed to be consistent with the demands and responsibilities of this role.
Assist the Executive Officer in the oversight and the execution of projects for growth, expansion. This includes:
- Responsible for stadium projects as assigned by the Executive Officer.
- Assist in setting and maintaining stadium operations budget.
- Assist in the creation of yearly, monthly and daily stadium growth plan.
- Assist in the general maintenance of the stadium, including but not limited to, weather, repairs, and cleaning of the stadium.
- Assist for all stadium events from set-up to break-down.
- Assist for storage, maintenance and inventory of all stadium equipment used for concessions, press box, suites, ticket departments, clubhouses and game operations.
- Assist in the ordering of all annual capital equipment needs with approval from the Executive Officer.
Responsible for the stadium clean-up and maintenance following each event to meet the standards of the company.
Meet on a consistent and on-going basis (normally once per day minimum) with the Executive Officer.
Comply with corporate policies and procedures on all spending, purchase orders and vendor agreements. Purchases must be pre-approved, or you must have a signed purchase order.
Participate in any relevant marketing training assigned by the President/Executive Officer or requested training that pertains to areas outside of the scope of responsibility if so assigned.
Be a leader in customer service.
Other duties as determined by the Executive Officer.