Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer the Marketing and Partnerships Manager is a key role within Rowing Australia. A senior member of the organisation, this busy, hands on role will drive participation, engagement and commercial outcomes by executing innovative brand and communications activities. The role will lead our sponsor relationships and take our brand and digital platforms to the next level.
To be successful in this role, you will have a university degree or the equivalent of five years’ experience within a marketing, brand or partnerships role. You have a strong desire to take the next step up in your career. You are a skilled communicator and build rapport with people easily. You thrive on dynamic, fast paced environments, have an eye for detail, you enjoy being part of teams and strive for excellence in everything you do.
Brand and Communications
- Manages the RA brand including developing and coordinating processes to ensure consistency in its application.
- Manages RA’s graphic design process and designated contractor.
- Manages all RA newsletters including planning and writing content.
- Manages, in conjunction with RA’s Communications and Government Relations Manager, RA’s social media platforms.
- Manages all marketing agency relationships.
- Plans and manages in conjunction with RA’s Communications and Government Relations Manager, RA’s campaign and communications calendar.
- Manages all RA trademarks and licensing programs.
- Manages the content processes for the RA website.
- Develops, in consultation with the Chief Commercial Officer and RA’s Participation Department, individual marketing plans for key RA programs and events, including Australian Indoor Rowing Championships, Australian Masters Championships, Australian Rowing Championships and various fundraising events and campaigns throughout the years.
- Implements all components of the marketing plans including collateral development, design, printing and distribution; advertising bookings; direct mail and promotional activities.
- Responsible for managing the ticketing program, via RA’s nominated outlets, for National Championships.
- Manage RA’s digital advertising asset inventory including website, email and social media advertising scheduling and delivery.
- Is an active contributor to all relevant working groups.
- Ensures all contractual benefits are delivered to each of RA sponsors across all programs and events.
- Builds and maintains positive and constructive relationships with all RA sponsors.
- Proactively identifies add value opportunities for sponsors to grow their return on investment annually.
- Maintains a sponsor activation schedule for each sponsor that tracks all contracted and add value opportunities throughout the year.
- Manages, in collaboration with the Chief Commercial Officer, the end of year reporting process for all sponsors, including developing reports and presentations.
- Conducts regular WIP meetings with sponsors, in collaboration with the Chief Commercial Officer
- Delivers the SIRR Event Trade Partner program, in collaboration with the SIRR Event Operations Coordinator.
Database and Reporting
- Develops internal policy and manages the process ongoing for RA’s use of the national database (CRM), in collaboration with RA’s Technology Manager.
- Utilises the CRM to provide key insights that can inform decision making around brand and marketing campaigns as well as product development across RA and its member State Associations.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for RA to improve its activities across its brand, communications, marketing, events and sponsor programs to grow our reach and engagement.
- Supports the Chief Commercial Officer where required.
Rowing Australia is an organisation that nurtures and develops talent, giving opportunities to those who are in search of excellence. Like the rowers we support to be the best in the world — we are always seeking to be the best we can be. We are here to protect, grow and innovate rowing so it continues to engage; with all types of athletes, schools, coaches and supporters.
Rowing Australia (RA) is the national governing body for the sport. Rowing is a sport for life, accessible to people of all ages, genders, fitness and skill levels, and currently enjoyed by over 60,000 participants and 25,000 active members ranging from young rowers at school through to those at universities and in the wider community right through to masters rowing. RA member associations operate in seven states with over 420 schools and clubs offering rowing programs.