YMCA Whittlesea are seeking swim teachers to work at one or all of our three centres in Thomastown, Epping and Whittlesea!
Swim teaching is fun and purposeful employment and you'll be working in a great environment. We also encourage and support opportunities for further training and obtaining additional qualifications through recognised providers in the industry.
We are committed to the ongoing professional development and growth of our Aquatics Team and are seeking skillful, effective and proficient Swimming Teachers to join our fantastic team YMCA Whittlesea.
The suitable candidates would be given the opportunity to work across 3 sites, including Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre, YMCA Leisure City and Whittelsea Swim Centre. They will preferably be available to work weekdays for school groups and have some availability week nights and weekends for our Learn to Swim swimming program.
A range of shifts will be available to the suitable candidates with lessons running throughout the week and on weekends.
Please see the attached Position Description for more detailed information.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Have the ability to work as an active team member
- Have efficient customer service
- Have a friendly mannerism
- Be punctual, reliable, trustworthy and committed to shifts
- Be a qualified swim teacher
- Must be available to work Mon-Sun & School Holidays (Weekends Essential)
- Teaching experience preferred
The successful applicants will hold the following current qualifications:
- Current Employee Working With Children Check
- Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old)
- Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HTLAID003)
- Current CPR (minimum HLTAID001)
- Austswim/Swim Australia Qualification
All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment. All successful applicants will be subjected to a National Police Check and be checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme. YMCA Whittlesea is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.