Reporting to the General Manager Commercial, the Marketing and Communication Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the overall marketing and communication strategies for the whole of organisation, from Social Media to Corporate Communications. The Marketing and Communication Manager will develop strategies to support the strategic priorities of the Brumbies and provide marketing and communication advice and counsel to senior stakeholders. The role will oversee the entire Marketing and Communications team, influencing the overall positioning of the Brumbies brand and is responsible for the look and feel of the entire organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop visionary goals, objectives and strategies for the Brumbies marketing program that deliver against the strategic plan of the Brumbies.
- Build a marketing plan that delivers against the broader business needs.
- Work with all departments and stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of the Brumbies brand and associated assets are driving key performance metrics.
- Manage the marketing and communication team.
- Value-add to all internal departments to deliver results from a brand and commercial perspective.
- The role will manage all aspects of the Brumbies marketing functions across Community Rugby, Membership, Events, Corporate Hospitality, Sponsorship, and Game Day Operations.
- Manage the marketing budget and oversee all expenditure.
- Own and manage relationships with any third-party marketing agencies.
- Oversee the overall look and feel of the Brumbies website and provide direction for content.
- Assist with the development and direction of a social media strategy for the whole of organisation.
- Proofread and finesse all external communications including, but not limited to, media releases, member communications, annual report etc. to ensure they are in line with the Brumbies Style and Grammar Guide.
- Work alongside the Game Day Operations Manager in terms of developing Game Day theming, activations and big screen graphics.
Reports to: General Manager - Commercial
Internal: General Manager Community Rugby; all internal department Managers; High Performance Unit staff.
External: Australian Rugby Union; SANZAAR; Media bodies; GIO Stadium; Key suppliers
In addition to demonstrating relevant experience across the core functional areas of responsibility, candidates applying for this role should also possess a range of personal and professional attributes, including:
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and communication;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Rugby Union;
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, communication and/or brand management;
- Strong understanding of digital marketing across all platforms;
- Strong strategic skills in developing plans that deliver against the broader business plans based on consumer insights;
- Experience in managing staff.
- Event management
The ACT and Southern New South Wales Rugby Union (Brumbies Rugby) is situated in Canberra and is responsible for the management, development and promotion of the sport of Rugby Union in the ACT and Southern New South Wales. The Brumbies compete in the world’s leading international provincial rugby competition, Super Rugby, playing a 16 game season across Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Japan & Argentina
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Given the unique nature of the sports industry, working outside of normal office hours will be required, including attending game days, fan events and other relevant activities. Please also note that this job has a significant ‘on call’ aspect to it.
The Marketing Manager position is based at Brumbies Rugby Headquarters at the University of Canberra. Some travel may be required on an ad hoc basis.