Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
Reporting to the GM – Consumer, this role holds overall responsibility of the build and execution of the consumer acquisition and retention program and growing revenue across membership and ticketing. Developing and overseeing strategies to grow the consumer base of the Melbourne Storm will be integral to this role, as will supporting the merchandise program for Club. The Membership Sales Manager will oversee and guide the membership sales team within the Membership Department and will work closely and collaboratively with the Membership Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the end to end membership function for Melbourne Storm.
The successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Creating and developing sales plans to grow membership numbers and club revenue, in line with the Club’s marketing strategies and business growth targets.
- Creating and executing effective retention strategies to ensure membership retention is in line with Club strategies and targets
- Implementing and managing the execution of sales and retention plans for the membership team
- Developing and implementing a data capture strategy to identify new prospects and markets.
- Utilising data and stakeholders, both internal and external, to generate and close traditional and non -traditional membership leads.
- Developing strategies to elevate members to higher yield membership categories.
- Creating and developing new products and offerings to upsell and engage members.
- Working with available data to identify patterns and risk to minimize membership churn
- Working closely with key stakeholders to build and deliver a ticketing strategy to grow and maximise ticket sales revenue
- Supporting the creation and delivery of our annual merchandise and mermoribilla program as required
- Ensuring that all benefits contained within premium membership products are consistently delivered
- Effectively overseeing, driving and coaching a high-performance sales team, to deliver upon daily targets and KPIs
- Creating and managing staffing rosters and budget for membership sales team
- Ensuring accurate records of all prospects and members are entered and maintained within the membership database and other systems.
- Working collaboratively with the Membership Operations Manager, and other key stakeholders to ensure the overall membership program is delivered to the highest possible standard
- Representing Melbourne Storm in a professional manner at functions and game day
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience of no less than 2 years in a membership and sales roles with an excellent understanding of business disciplines and a strong sales track record. Experience in a sporting club will highly regarded.
- Ideally have a tertiary qualification in Sports Management, Business, or related discipline.
- Possess extensive knowledge of membership systems and software
- Bring an understanding of the consumer sector.
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within!
Further information can be found in the Position Description
Applications close Wednesday 31 July at 5pm
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.