The Head of Aquatics is responsible for aquatic supervision across all four Albury Wodonga Aquatic Facilities and the operational performance of the three seasonal aquatic facilities. They will be relentless in maximising participation and revenue opportunities for the three seasonal pools.
Supported by a Swim Centre Captain at each of WAVES, Albury and Lavington Swim Centres and a team of Duty Captains and Lifeguards, the Head of Aquatics will lead a large well-trained team to ensure all aquatic services are provided in a safe, fun and efficient manner.
The department head will maintain exceptional working relationships with Albury and Wodonga Council staff as well as other Heads of Department, especially the Head of Facilities to support the highest standards of asset management and facility presentation and the Assistant Leisure Manager in the seasonal recruitment and on-boarding of staffing teams.
This position will work relentlessly to implement the Aligned Leisure purpose of CONNECTING TO THRIVE AND WIN, values of AWARE, DISCIPLINED, RELENTLESS and UNITED, and associated behaviours throughout the entire team.
Aligned Leisure is a 100% owned subsidiary company of the Richmond Football Club, established as a vehicle to manage the operations of Richmond's health, fitness, and leisure business activities.
Our programs and services are not about us, they are about our partners and they will always be in total alignment with the needs of the specific community that we are servicing. We deliver best value to our partners by aligning our programs and services with local Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plans that highlight unique key community priorities.
Skills and Experience
Essential qualifications and experience:
- 3 years’ experience in aquatic supervision and management
- Tertiary qualifications desirable, not essential
- Lifeguard qualification
- First Aid and CPR certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Highly organised
- Effective leader and ability to lead multiple teams/people
- Disciplined to manage the varied components to this role
- Committed to fostering a safe environment for staff and customers
- Creative, inspiring, energetic and motivational
- Focused on the customer
- Strong ability to manage and also work autonomously
- Understands/enjoys the leisure industry and motivated to serve Aligned Leisure
- The ability to make strategic decisions as well as execute operational requirements