REPORTS TO: Head of Boys Sport and Cricket Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Coaching and Director of Sport.
Coach the 1st X1 Cricket team for 2019/20 AIC year
- To actively support the mission and values of the College in developing and mentoring our students to reach their potential as athletes and young men
- To develop and improve the physical skills, decision making abilities and positive sporting behaviours of our athletes to enable them to successfully compete within school based competitions and beyond.
- To instil in our young athletes the value of discipline and commitment and the importance of setting and working towards achieving individual and team goals.
- To create an environment where each member of the team feels valued and supported.
- To facilitate and maintain constructive channels of communication with players, staff, parents and the St Peters community.
- To work with all members of the St Peters Sports program to create the best opportunity for students to have successful and enjoyable sporting experiences.
- To be a positive role model for student-athletes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be professionally competent and maintain current accreditation in Cricket coaching
- Attend Scheduled training sessions and games as per the Cricket program for the 1st X1.
- Professionally prepare and deliver all training sessions with an emphasis on skill and technique improvement
- Assist the Head of Boys Sport, Head of Coaching and Cricket Coordinator with the continued development and improvement of the College Cricket Coaching program.
- To provide students with a positive sporting role model and encourage appropriate conduct at both training sessions and fixtures
- To be familiar with the sports-specific By Laws and Work Place Health and Safety - Risk Assessment requirements
- To be responsible for on-field behaviour of players and deal with any minor breaches of behaviour by players or spectators. More serious problems should be reported to the Coordinator or relevant Head of Sport.
- To develop a positive team spirit and an attitude of sportsmanship, fair play and observe the etiquette of the game.
- To be dressed appropriately at all training sessions and fixtures and uphold the dress expectations of College
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level of organisational skills is essential
- Have an intricate knowledge of the game and good communicative skills
- Be highly motivated and show attention to detail in the implementation of the development program
- Possession of, or the ability to acquire a current Suitability Card issued by Blue Card Services
- Show leadership through the performance of managerial duties and a high level of organisational and administrative skills
- Display ability to work autonomously within a team environment
- Display a high level of skills, knowledge and coordination of sporting activities
- Display a level of professionalism and empathy in dealings with staff, students and the wider St Peters Community
HOURS OF DUTY
- Preparation and planning for training to a maximum of three sessions per week through the development and competition stage of the program.
- Preparation and planning for trial games, clinics and the AIC Competition.