TPP Compliance Manager
(Total Player Payments/Salary Cap)
WHY CHOOSE THE SWANS?
When choosing a career with the Sydney Swans, you will join a strong values-based organisation with a committed, proud and professional team working together towards ultimate sporting success.
The Sydney Swans strive to be one of the leading football clubs both on and off the field in Australia.
We are committed to becoming a more diverse and inclusive workplace and therefore encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
The Sydney Swans are currently accepting applications from suitably enthusiastic and experienced individuals for the role of TPP Compliance Manager.
With prime responsibility for the management, forecasting and analysis of the Sydney Swans total player payments (TPP), this role would suit candidates with an accounting background and an interest in Australian Rules Football or professional sports.
- Support the Head of Football and Chief Financial Officer in the preparation, delivery and lodgement of our TPP strategy and outcomes.
- Analyse the Sydney Swans current TPP arrangements and proactively offer suggestions for improvement.
- Manage the administrative elements of Sydney Swans player contracts ensuring accuracy through strong attention to detail.
- Provide advice on AFL Rules including TPP and others as relevant.
- Partner with the Payroll Accountant to ensure monthly salary payments to players are seamless and on time.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Tertiary qualification in Finance/Commerce/Accounting or related discipline.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of AFL TPP Rules is desirable.
- Innovative mindset with an appetite to analyse and improve on the status quo.
- Budget management experience including working to deadlines.
- Ability across the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Enthusiastically contribute to a great team environment.
- Show pride in their work and strive for continuous improvement.
- Be comfortable to problem-solve and develop solutions.
Suitably experienced and interested individuals should submit a one (1) page letter of introduction including:
- Why you’re the right person for this role
- What you can bring to the role and the Sydney Swans
Along with this letter please also submit your resume which should be no longer than three (3) pages to:
Applications close 20 September 2019
Please note we expect a high level of interest in the role and only those applicants short listed will be contacted.
The Sydney Swans do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Sydney Swans Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Further enquiries should be directed to Scott Dalby (Human Resources Manager) on (02) 9339 9123.