Showtime Basketball are a licensed travel agent who aim to continue to be the industry leader in providing unique sporting experiences for athletes across the globe. Our team of innovators specialise in creating tailored tour packages perfectly suited to the needs of our clients. Our team utilise the latest technology to ensuring each tour is the ultimate basketball experience. Our range of clients include college basketball teams from the USA (clientele include Creighton University, Oklahoma State University and Yale University) as well as club and school teams from across Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced ‘basketball’ person with excellent customer service skills and innovative ideas to add to our growing team. The role would involve liaising with clients and suppliers on a daily basis to ensure the needs of each tour are meet. The ideal candidate will have experience within the basketball community, excellent written and verbal communication skills, be an innovative thinker, embrace the use of technology and preferably have experience in the travel industry.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and manage time efficiently
- Non-playing experience in Basketball – i.e. coaching, team manager, administration, etc
- Willingness to travel
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen
- Australian Driver’s License
- Australian Passport
- National Police Check (or willing to undertake before starting employment)
- Moderate level of expertise using Office 365
- Moderate level of experience in using cloud software applications
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High level of expertise using Office 365
- High level of experience with multiple cloud software applications
- Moderate level of expertise using Accounting Software
- Moderate level of expertise in Website design/management
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE
- Ability Travel for up to 8 weeks travel per year – in blocks of 10-21 days at a time
- Willingness to work 2 to 8 hours per week during USA work hours (approx 10pm to 9am Australian EST)
HOURS AND TERM
- 0.8 to 1.0 FTE – dependent upon the successful candidate
- 30 to 37.5 hours per week
- Hours maybe averaged over a six-week period.
- Position will be an initial 12-month contract with an opportunity to extend
- Flexible – the majority of role can be performed remotely
- Must be available for six to twelve meetings in Melbourne annually
- $65,000 p.a. + super (pro-rata)
- Plus achievable bonuses
- Plus sales commission
The successful candidate MUST meet the TWO above listed expectations of the role. From the applications received a small number of candidates will be selected for an interview based on their fulfillment of the above listed skills and experiences.
Unsuccessful applicants will be informed via email.