At Melbourne Girls Grammar, we believe that an exceptional education for life provides not only academic skills and attributes, but also emotional and physical wellbeing. Our sustained focus is therefore on making girls’ wellbeing central to the school experience.
Our new world-class Artemis Centre boasts modern facilities including a 25m swimming pool, multi-purpose court, Fitness Hub with gym equipment, dance and yoga studio, outdoor seating amphitheatre, Learning Commons and café with indoor/outdoor meeting spaces. Artemis enables us to provide programs including Artemis Gymnastics, Artemis Aquatics as well as Artemis Holiday Clinics and other resources that underpin our proactive approach to student wellbeing.
Visit the Artemis Centre website to read more about our state of the art facilities.
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and proactive individual to step into the role of Aquatics Program Manager and Head Swim Coach on a full time basis (Monday – Saturday).
Artemis Aquatics was founded in 2017 to inspire our community to become the swimmer they want to be by providing high quality coaching and learning experiences in water safety, skill development and athletic development. We are committed to providing an enjoyable, safe and healthy environment in which our swimmers can develop their skills and self-confidence for a lifelong affinity with the water, delivering classes and squad programs to suit a range of ages and abilities to cater for personal growth and development within a clear and progressive pathway.
Artemis Aquatics is comprised of a Learn to Swim Program and Swimming Club which caters for swimmers at all levels from junior, development and recreational squads, through to emerging and performance swimmers competing at a State and National level.
The Aquatics Program Manager and Head Swim Coach will have the passion, capability and aptitude to lead a well-rounded program that emphasises enjoyment, wellbeing, long-term participation, competency-appropriate development and supporting swimmers to perform to their best.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality swim coaching;
- Leading all age-based to open school and club swim squads;
- Coach and Swim Teacher development;
- Leading continued growth and development of Artemis Aquatics Swim Club;
- Managing the Swim School Co-ordinator and Learn to Swim program design; and
- Program management and administration.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional understanding of the national swimming framework;
- Demonstrated management skills including the ability to plan strategically, to monitor and evaluate squad swimming programs;
- Proven success with devising and executing a long-term training and competition plans to guide developing and elite athletes;
- Extremely well-developed communication and inter-personal skills; and
- Passion, enthusiasm and commitment to leading and delivering an outstanding swimming program that engages and inspires current and future participation for swimmers of all abilities.
- Advanced (previously Silver License) accredited swim coach with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a National Age training/ competition environment;
- Proven experience in coaching swimmers (Australian Age/ Open qualifiers);
- Successful campaign delivery at a State/ National/ International level;
- Current First Aid (HLTAID003) and CPR (HLTAID001) certification;
- Current Pool Lifeguard certification (SISSS00111);
- Current Victorian Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) or Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Registration; and
- Current ASCTA Member.
Please view the Position Description for further details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children