Swim Instructors should have a complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of teaching swimming and ensuring that safety and enjoyment is within their classes. Directly reporting to the General Manager, the Swim Instructor will be responsible for the safe evacuation of its participants in the case of an emergency.
LTSV Swim Instructors will have great oral and written communication skills, dealing with participants and the ability to resolve minor problems with the pool deck officers. They will be able to manage their time when conducting quality swimming lessons and minimise any disruptions to their classes. They will be relentless in quality instruction and champion customer service for maximum retention opportunities.
At Learn to Swim Victoria we aim to give the highest level of instruction to all our swimmers based on sound technique, so no matter where they want to go in the future, they are prepared for anything.
Developed by our Director, who has had over 25 years’ experience in the aquatics industry, our programs are facilitated by fully qualified expert staff. All, of our lessons take place in a comfortable, safe swim centre environment to maximise learning potential, so that we can bring the best out in your little champion.
LTSV is committed to being an organisation that:
- is an equal employment opportunity employer;
- provides a welcoming, respectful and safe environment for children, members and employees;
- has zero tolerance for child abuse and neglect, illicit drugs and performance enhancing substances;
- will appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect, serious member welfare issues and allegations of involvement with illicit drugs or performance enhancing substances, should it be made aware of any concerns.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and positive role modelling
- Demonstrate a high quality customer service focus
- A passion with developing and working with children
- Previous teaching experience
Key personal attributes
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- A proactive and solution focused approach is essential in this position
- Develop a rapport and champion customer service
- Provides instruction and models effective problem solving
- Ability to work independently and with small groups of children/adults
- Passionate about swimming