The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations, providing opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit. The organisation operates a number of services including child care, health and fitness, hospitality and a hotel, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
YMCA Mango Hill Gymnastics will commence in late May 2020 and will be the 7th gymnastics facility for the YMCA of Brisbane’s Gymnastics program.
Housed on the 3rd level of the new YMCA Mango Hill, the facility will boast a training floor area of 1028sqm and will enable passionate, inspiring leaders and coaches to pass on their love of gymnastics to the children and families we will serve in a well-appointed, safe, state of the art training facility.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is a casual position initially for 15-20 hours per week.
As an experienced Program Leader for our club, you will look after the intermediate gymnastics program offerings and assist with implementing programs such as Team Gym and Free G. You will also be responsible for the Kindergym program offerings.
To be successful in this role, previous gymnastics experience and an accreditation in Kindergym is essential. You must be available to work during and after school hours.
To be successful, you will have:
- Intermediate Level and Kinder gym accreditation;
- First Aid & CPR or a willingness to obtain this;
- Blue Card for working with children;
- The ability to develop an effective working relationship and rapport with members;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on building and maintaining quality relationships with all members of the community;
- An eye for detail;
- Experience working in a similar role and/or experience working with groups of children from 24 months to 18 years of age.
- Possess or be able to obtain a National Police Check.
The YMCA offers an excellent employee benefits program which includes:
- Free YMCA gym membership;
- Discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel;
- Discounted rates at our childcare facilities;
- Discounted rate on health care through Medibank Private;
- A range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program.
Interested? Apply now!
To find out more about the YMCA please visit our website www.ymcabrisbane.org
To discuss this opportunity, please email Kate Martynov– email@example.com or call 0436 912 352.
To apply, please upload a covering letter outlining your experience and qualifications against the selection criteria outlined above and your resume by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
Applications close on Thursday, 2 April 2020
You must be eligible to work in Australia to be able to apply for this position.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal oppotunity emplyer and is committed to safeguarding children adn young people.