Paralympics Australia (PA) is an organisation responsible for one of the most loved teams and respected brands in Australian sport. We support teams to compete in World Championships, Commonwealth and Paralympic Games all around the world
Our Wheelchair Rugby Team has consistently won medals at benchmark events for the last 20 years, including gold at the Rio Paralympic Games. As we continue to build upon these successes, we are expanding our team to include a fixed term National Pathways Manager. This role will support the identification, development and progression of talented wheelchair rugby athletes within the pathway.
- Develop and enhance stakeholder relationships with key partners to ensure a seamless and fluid pathway for Wheelchair Rugby.
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of Wheelchair Rugby individual athlete performance plans for emerging and developing athletes.
- Ensure that all emerging and developing athletes have access to necessary training spaces within their daily training environment and seek solutions for gaps.
- Provide support and capability building opportunities to coaches and practitioners that operate with emerging and developing Wheelchair Rugby athletes.
- Lead and facilitate links to capitalise on talent transfer initiatives for Wheelchair Rugby between sports.
- Track and monitor the athletes’ trajectory against the relevant standard for their developmental stage and the 2024/2028 benchmarks and beyond.
This role would suit someone with previous experience in a participation and pathway program and who has knowledge of the Australian sporting system. Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work autonomously will be key as too is a positive can-do attitude. A degree or equivalent in Sports Management, Sports Coaching and/or Sports Science is preferable, and an understanding of Classification would be ideal but not essential.
The role is a full-time, fixed term contract until December 2022. It will require some flexibility to regularly travel and work weekends and can be based at our Melbourne Office, Tullamarine or our office at Sydney Olympic Park.
Paralympics Australia provide a safe, fair and welcoming environment, valuing diversity and inclusion and we encourage anyone who holds the relevant skills and experience to apply for our roles.
It is a great time to join and contribute to an outstanding Australian sporting organisation with an exemplary record of success on the world stage.