Our vision is to make football accessible and a great experience for all.
It is an exciting time to be involved in Football West as we work towards both the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup hosted by Australia and New Zealand and the completion of the State Football Centre in WA.
Football West is the sole governing body for football in WA and represents all levels of competition, development and coaching in metropolitan and regional areas.
With over 200,000 participants playing football in Western Australia, Football West, which is affiliated to Football Federation Australia, fosters an environment that brings the game to life on parks, pitches and indoor centres around the state.
Your New Role
Football West is looking to recruit Community Participation Officers who are keen to work closely with our regional communities and partners. Football West has three positions available, located in Albany, Kalgoorlie and Kununurra.
With support from the Community Participation Manager, this role will have the primary responsibility to grow and service the game by offering a wide range of Football activities and programs to the specific and surrounding regions. This includes co-ordination of Football West visits, coach education, talent development programs, school programs, futsal and supporting the acquisition of grant funding for WA regions.
This role is ideal if you are seeking a new adventure in regional WA, you want to test your sports development skills and capabilities in a stand-alone position and you are excited to make an impact on the lives of those living in WA regions through sport.
This is a full-time, 12-month fixed term position. Whilst these position are required to be carried out in a full-time we may well be able to accommodate several part-timers who could effectively job-share in the positions located in Kalgoorlie and Kununurra. The successful candidates in these roles will be expected to:
- Develop and coordinate a Regional Training Centre in your regional area
- Coordinate all coaching, refereeing and player courses, workshops and other activities for the region, in consultation with Football West metro team
- Promote all Football West activities through existing and new networks
- Develop and coordinate a Regional Talent Support Program hub
- Develop football programs such as Street and Walking Football in Aboriginal communities and the coordination of any school, futsal and other programs as required
- Assist with the implementation of regional sponsorship and funding agreements
- Maintain records of participation numbers in programs and other relevant information
- Represent Football West at relevant industry events and partner meetings
- Identify funding sources relevant to the region
- Develop a strong network of stakeholders in the region
- Maintain an understanding of football in Western Australia, with relevance to Football West’s and Football Federation Australia’s Strategic Plans
The Right Person
You will be an enthusiastic and proactive individual with the ability to work autonomously. You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to positively represent Football West in regional communities, and also have:
- Basic knowledge of football and the FFA National Curriculum is desirable
- FFA ‘C’ Licence or willingness to work towards one
- Previous experience in a similar sports administration role is highly desirable
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to collate, coordinate and organise multiple programs of work to meet stakeholder expectations and strict deadlines
- Experience working in regional and remote Indigenous communities is desirable
- Proactive approach to work and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- The eligibility to work in Australia
- A current Working With Children Check and a current drivers license
Football West is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and encourages diversity within its workforce. We always encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of all diverse backgrounds to apply