The Royal Sydney Golf Club prides itself on being one of Australia’s best golf clubs, with the staff to match. This is a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club is a private members club which was founded in 1893. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 18 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, 2 squash courts, a gym, two pools, several cafés, a fine dining restaurant, accommodation rooms and multiple function rooms.
We are seeking an energetic, passionate and enthusiastic Sport Administrator to join the team to assist in the planning, administration and coordination of Women’s Golf, Lawn Bowls and general operational administration duties.
- Competitive wages
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Career progression & access to training
The key tasks include:
- Assist the Director of Sport, Director of Golf, Sport Administration Manager and Women’s Golf Sub-Committee with the planning, administration and coordination of major events to ensure that all aspects of the event, including food and beverage components are delivered at an extremely high standard;
- Prepare and deliver entry sheets, draws, handicaps, results and prize allocation for women’s golf and lawn bowls with accuracy to ensure the smooth running of the events and that the events are delivered at an extremely high standard;
- Ensure event details are communicated efficiently and effectively to members;
- Assist the Sport Administration Manager with the annual review of the Club’s Green Book.
- Provide the highest standard of service to members and their guests to ensure that a standard of excellence is maintained in the quality and presentation of Women’s Golf and Lawn Bowls events.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure set budgets of the Sport Department are being adhered to;
- Ensure members are charged for competition/event fees and any expenses specific to sport events.
- Create, review and update the Sport Administration procedures and work instructions to ensure that the ‘knowledge management’ of Sport at the Club is captured accordingly.
What does the Club need from me?
- Strong knowledge of the etiquette, rules and regulations of Golf
- Previous experience in an administration role
- A member focused outlook with a demonstrated passion for excellence in member service
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and remain composed under preassure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key staff and members
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple events with competing deadlines and remain composed under pressure